~ Cyber Pink Ultra Seamless Sports Bra: Gymshark ~ Cyber Pink Ultra Seamless Leggings: Gymshark ~ Adidas Tennis Shoes: GlitterKicks ~ White Scrunchies: Amazon ~
I want to share a little bit about my workout essentials, some of the classes that I have taken, and share my wishlist! Fingers crossed that many of these fitness studios will open in the near future so we can get back to the grind with our favorite instructors.
- Gymshark is my favorite workout apparel at the moment. I love it because it is affordable, durable, and trendy! Growing up I always had certain workout outfits that were my favorite and thats because I was only comfortable wearing things that were flattering to my shape. As of right now, Gymshark is totally my fit and I absolutely love the stretchy seamless fabric. For my body type, the seamless keeps me sucked in and the leggings stay up while I run. I think what differentiates this company is they provide high quality/cute products at a price that doesn’t break the bank. Yes, you could go to T.J. Maxx and get a few things for what a GymShark set is worth, but I know this brand is going to last a long time and I’ll feel great while wearing it. I look at it this way, I could get two Gymshark sets for the equivalent of one Lululemon set. Now, I can’t go into detail about Lululemon because I have never owned any of it. If you invest in the right material and brand it will likely last for a very long time.
- I love GlitterKicks! I’m definitely a blinged out shoe kind of gal. My mom came across this couple’s website who started selling name brand shoes that add “glitter” or “bling” to them. These are super fun, but you do pay more for these than you would if you bought my Adidas tennis shoes above else where. My mom always gets my sister and I a pair for Christmas each year. I would consider these more of an “athleisure” shoe. I do not actually wear these to run in or during workout classes. I want my hips, knees, and ankles to have the best support possible, so I do go get fitted for running shoes to keep my body safe. Usually, I decide between Asics or Mizunos.
THE WORKOUT CLASSES I HAVE TRIED:
Shred415 – This is my FAVORITE FITNESS CLASS EVER and I am currently a member at the Highlands location in Louisville. This is a 60-minute High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workout with treadmills, free weights, and a deck. Here is my blog I wrote about my experience and progress with this type of cardio and strength training. Before the studios closed due to COVID-19, I would attend at least 4-5 times a week.
Solidcore – VERY INTENSE pilates-based resistance training! I love Solidcore and was a member for about six months during the time I lived in Indianapolis. There is not a studio in Southern Indiana or Louisville yet, but hopefully soon. It is a killer 50-minute workout that focuses on your slow-twitch muscle fibers. I usually went to this class 3-4 times a week and paired it with cardio and other training at my gym, Anytime Fitness.
F45 – HARD and FUN WORKOUT! Talk about a fat burner! I have only taken this class once in Indianapolis and it is a 45-minute sweat fest. This workout builds your lean muscle mass and includes a multitude of activities. These include: cycling, rowing, punching, pulling, twisting, kicking, lifting, squating, etc. You can read more about this on their website, which is linked above.
Pure Barre – LIFT YOUR SEATS! Talk about challenging! I couldn’t walk for a few days after I took my first Pure Barre class with one of my great friends. These classes are full of low impact-high intensity movements that will sculpt your muscles and change your body. Another thing that I love about Pure Barre is the amount of different classes that they offer. They have four different types and this allows you to move at the pace you are comfortable with.
Bikram Hot Yoga – HOT HOT HOT!! It has been a few years since I have taken a class. This was quite different from any class I had taken before. It was extremely challenging mentally and physically. The hardest part for me was getting my body to move… and move SLOWLY while sweating to death. Props to all of you hot yoga Queens and Kings out there because this is tough. To be totally honest, yoga is not my favorite, so I usually try to stick to more cardio and strength training type exercises.
WORKOUT CLASSES I WOULD LIKE TO TRY:
- Ambition Fitness (Women Only)
- Orangetheory Fitness
- Title Boxing Club
- Burn Boot Camp (Women Only)
THINGS I USE BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER MY WORKOUT:
- MyFitnessPal (I use this free app to track my food and water intake)
- RunKeeper (I use this free app to track my distance, times, and create goals)
- Yeti (20oz, I drink water constantly)
- G FUEL Keemstar’s Cotton Candy Energy Formula
- Alani Nu (I just started getting into this and will give you a full report of my favorite flavors for pre-workout and protein)
Keep moving your body! I am always open to new workouts, apparel, and products. Please let me know if you have suggestions. 🙂